UPDATED ITINERARY TO FOLLOW SOON
Sunday, May 10
- Arrive Dublin Airport. After clearing Customs & Immigration, you will be met in the Arrivals Hall by your chauffeur and depart to Portmarnock.
- Arrive and check into Portmarnock Hotel and Golf Links. Standing on the grounds of the Jameson (of whiskey fame) Family Estate, it has established itself as one of Ireland’s foremost luxurious resorts. The hotel is situated overlooking Dublin Bay, with breathtaking views over the famous five-mile “Velvet Strand’ and is a hugely popular beachside Golf Links. 15 minutes from the Airport and 30 minutes from the City Center. The hotel combines sophistication and efficiency, yet with the personal service and charm of a country hotel. Portmarnock Hotel presents a well-balanced offering of two bars, a restaurant, complimentary hotel-wide wifi, free ample onsite parking for guests and an in-house spa.
- Depart to golf. Tee-off at THE ISLAND GOLF CLUB. Towering sand dunes, sea views and a panoramic vista across the estuary to Malahide are just part of the fun. The heady ingredients of The Island include some short and intricate par-4s, like the roller-coaster 5th, the hidden-green 6th and the ribbon-like 14th. Add to this some fabulous longer par-4s like the tough opening and closing holes, and the long 3rd alongside the Irish Sea, and top it off with the wonderful pudding-bowl green at the par-3 16th .This is a breathtakingly natural place for golf, which the magnificent view from the elevated 6th tee most certainly underlines.
- Overnight at Portmarnock Hotel and Golf Links, Portmarnock
Monday, May 11
- Full Irish breakfast and checkout before departing to golf (approx 45mins).
- Tee-off on COUNTY LOUTH GOLF CLUB – BALTRAY 6,763 yards, par-73, long established as one of the country’s best classic links nestling peacefully amid the high dunes by the mouth of the River Boyne. The course is laid out in two loops and most holes run in different directions. However, the greens are County Louth’s hallmark – they are among the very best in the whole of Ireland. The back nine is especially entertaining with a number of holes running close to the shore with distant views towards the mountains of Mourne. The present layout remains largely unchanged from the design laid out by renowned course architect Tom Simpson in 1938.
- After golf, continue (approx 3hrs) and check into the Bayview Hotel, sitting proudly in one of Ireland’s most stunning settings. Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean in the picturesque harbor village of Portballintrae, one mile from Bushmills, is a 25 room oasis for those looking for that ideal getaway to escape from the stresses and strains of their daily routine but with all the luxury of modern living. Rooms have views of the bay. The hotel has an ideal location for exploring the world’s oldest distillery at Bushmills and the natural wonder of the Giants Causeway or the famous Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge. The Porthole Bar & Restaurant is warm and intimate and overlooks the Atlantic Ocean.
- Overnight at Bayview Hotel, Portballintrae
Tuesday, May 12
- Breakfast and checkout before golf (approx 10 mins)
- Tee-off on the ROYAL PORTRUSH – DUNLUCE COURSE, a 7,460 yard gem and the only golf club in Ireland to have hosted the British Open Championship. The course has enough natural hazards to wreck a card, not to mention the ever-present wind. The most spectacular parts of the course are down by the shore. The 5th (called “White Rocks”) is an absolute stunner. It’s a short, downhill par-4 with a left to right dogleg. Host of the 2019 Open Championship.
Wednesday, May 13
- Full Irish breakfast and checkout before departing to golf (approx 20mins).
- Tee-off at the championship PORTSTEWART GOLF CLUB – STRAND COURSE. An exhilarating golf course set amidst imposing, gigantic sand dunes with panoramic views across the Atlantic mouth of Lough Foyle to the Inishowen peninsula beyond. The Strand is an incredibly challenging and thoroughly enjoyable golf course, with one of the best opening nine holes in golf. The 1st hole is an absolute stunner, one of golf’s most intimidating, a downhill 425-yard par-4. There is a plethora of great holes here; especially memorable are the 3rd and the 6th. The 3rd is a challenging single shotter, measuring 207 yards, whilst the 6th, measuring a mere 150 years with a plateau green, is also a tough cookie and will stay in the mind for a long time.
- After golf, depart to Newcastle (approx 2 hrs north) and check-in to the Slieve Donard Resort & Spa, a luxury four-star hotel nestled at the foot of the Mountains of Mourne and bordered by Royal County Down Golf Club on one side and a golden strand of beach on the other, standing in six acres of immaculate private grounds. Lovingly maintained Victorian hotel boasts 180 bedrooms finished in tasteful, traditional styles with every modern comfort, including their famous cloud beds. Home to one of Europe’s finest resort Spas. Guests experience the finest culinary delights in all the restaurants, and chefs pride themselves on using the fresh local seasonal produce to create an array of delicious meals-choose from the Oak Restaurant, Chaplan’s Bar, the Lighthouse Lounge, or The Percy French Inn. Hotel of the Year 2016
Thursday, May 14
- Full Irish breakfast before golf.
- Tee-off at one of the world’s most revered links, ROYAL COUNTY DOWN GOLF CLUB. Measuring more than 7,000 yards from the back tees, Royal County Down is a fantastic course, with one of the finest outward nine holes in golf. In 1925, Harry Colt advised on improvements and the creation of the 4th and 9th holes became two of the most photographed holes in the world. A 486-yard par-4 on the 9th, is played from one side of a huge mound down to a fairway some 60 ft below and 260 yards from the tee. From the bottom of the slope the second shot is played over two bunkers to a raised green.
- Overnight at Slieve Donard Resort & Spa, Newcastle.
Friday, May 15
- Full Irish breakfast at the Hotel. Walk to first tee.
- Tee-off at ROYAL COUNTY DOWN GOLF CLUB.
- After golf, depart to Dublin (approx 2hrs). Arrive and check into the Grand Hotel, Malahide. Ideally located by the sea in Dublin’s most attractive town, Malahide, the Grand Hotel is also close to Dublin Airport and the M1/M50 motorways. The location in the heart of Malahide is a unique seaside retreat while remaining convenient to the attractions of Dublin city center. Grand Hotel is one of the finest Four Star Hotels in Dublin. There are beautiful bedrooms, many with sea views, and several dining options from fine dining in the Coast Restaurant to the more casual settings of the Matt Ryan Bar with its extensive menu available all day. Arena Health and Fitness Club.
- Full Irish breakfast at the Hotel, before departure to Brittas Bay (approx. 1hr45mins)
- Tee-off at THE EUROPEAN CLUB. This fantastic links course offers a rare variety of golf challenges and amazing scenery as the holes plunge into deep valleys in the sand dunes. It is owned, operated and was designed by Pat Ruddy. The Irish Sea can be seen from every hole on the links and the Wicklow Hills complete the scene. Golf Magazine picked The 500 Greatest Golf Holes in the World and included three holes from the links of The European Club.” The par-4 seventh, measuring 470-yards, was named as one of the World’s 100 Best Holes. Tiger Woods currently holds the course record of 67.
- Overnight at Grand Hotel, Malahide
Saturday, May 17
- Full Irish breakfast, before golf nearby (10mins).
- Tee-off at PORTMARNOCK GOLF CLUB, recognized as one of the top links courses in the world. Portmarnock will test your resolve and golfing virtuosity. Tee up alongside the estuary of the Sluice River, which sets you off on one of Ireland’s essential links golf experiences. The best sea views come at the long, spectacular and knee-trembling par-3 15th described by Ben Crenshaw as “one of the greatest short holes on earth.” Host to a number of Championships including the Canada Cup, the Walker Cup and, on 19 occasions the Irish Open.
- Overnight at Grand Hotel, Malahide
Monday, May 18
- Breakfast and checkout before departing to Dublin Airport (approx 20mins) to board your return flights.
ALL INCLUSIVE EUROS 4,370 per person sharing Based on Eight (8) Golfers traveling
Payment terms & conditions apply
- Nine (9) Days/Eight (8) Nights Accommodations based on individual occupancy, including hotel taxes:
- Portmarnock Links Hotel – 1 night
- Bayview Hotel, Portballintrae – 2 nights
- Slieve Donard Hotel, Newcastle – 2 nights
- Grand Hotel, Malahide – 3 nights
- Professional Chauffeured Transfers throughout the tour (except Thursday)
- Prepaid Green Fees and Confirmed Tee Times for Eight (8) Rounds:
- The Island Golf Club
- Co. Louth (Baltlray)
- Portstewart – Strand Course
- Royal Portrush Golf Club – Dunluce
- Royal County Down Golf Club x2 Rounds
- The European Club
- Portmarnock (Old)
- Full Irish breakfast daily
- Reservations for evening dinners
- All local taxes
- Flights to Dublin, Ireland
- Meals and extras not mentioned above